Yvonne Nelson is a Ghanaian actress, model, film producer and an entrepreneur. She has starred in several movies, including House of Gold (2013) and Any Other Monday.
She is popular in many countries and is not a new face in the Nigerian movie industry (Nollywood), and has even been rumoured to be romantically linked with some Nigerian celebrities.
She is one of the actresses that used her work to make a name for herself and stand out amongst the rest of her peers.
So what do we know about her?
1. Yvonne was born 2 November 1985. She is from Fante whose hometown is in Cape Coast.
2. She started her education at St. Martin De Porres School in Accra and later went to Aggrey Memorial Senior High School. She had her tertiary education at Central University College, where she did a degree course in Human Resource Management.
3. Yvonne’s first lead role was the title character in the movie Princess Tyra. She shot about five more movies and then went to Nigeria to shoot her first collaboration with Genevieve Nnaji in 2007, which launched her career in Nollywood, the Nigerian movie industry.
4. Yvonne also produced her first movie, The Price, in 2011, followed by Single and Married the next year. The latter won Best Picture at the Ghana Movie Awards and Best Ghanaian Movie in Nigeria at the 2013 City People Awards. She followed these with House of Gold in 2013.
5. She founded the Yvonne Nelson Glaucoma Foundation in 2010 to help create awareness about the disease. With support from other Ghanaian celebrities, she recorded an all-star charity single and shot a video to help educate people
6. In September 2017, Yvonne welcomed her first child with her boyfriend.
7. Yvonne has won several awards for her films both produced and acted in.